CATEGORIES: Business, Franchising
CATEGORIES: Business, Franchising
Food is a necessity, and in today's busy world, many people choose to have food delivered to their doorstep rather than cook. This makes quick-service restaurants with freaky fast delivery in demand. But does that mean they find success more quickly than any other kind of business out there? What makes food brands like Jimmy John’s a success? Today's guest knows exactly what it takes because he is instrumental in making Jimmy John’s a household name.
Gregg Majewski is the former CEO/COO/CFO of Jimmy John’s Gourmet Sandwiches and CEO and founder of Craveworthy Brands, a growing portfolio of diverse, relevant, and highly efficient brands built on an unbeatable proposition for consumers and prospective franchisees.
While at Jimmy John’s, Gregg expanded the company from 33 restaurants to 300 open and another 600 sold. He implemented and restructured all 300 of Jimmy John’s restaurants’ operational standards by introducing new systems, procedures, management incentive programs, training programs, franchisee enablement, and shifting marketing strategies toward grassroots and a focus on freaky fast delivery.
In the Craveworthy Brands emerging concepts category, the company owns, operates, and franchises Wing It On!, The Budlong Hot Chicken, Krafted Burger Bar + Tap, and Lucky Cat Poke Company.
Tune in to this episode with Erik and Gregg Majewski to find out why food franchising may be the right choice for you. Discover how grassroots marketing can propel your business to the next level.
“Franchising is an incredible opportunity for everybody, and if you work hard, you will be successful.” - Gregg Majewski
In This Episode:
- Who is Gregg Majewski, and how does a Forensic Accountant become a CEO and COO for Jimmy John’s?
- How important is having a mentor, especially in the franchising industry?
- What is it about the food industry that allows franchisees to scale and win big?
- Is having experience in the food industry necessary to become a successful franchisee?
- What do food brands look for in a franchise buyer?
- How Jimmy John’s developed their "freaky fast" delivery strategy
- Why Jimmy John’s franchisees become more successful compared to franchisees of other food brands
- Who mentored Jimmy of Jimmy John’s? What are the qualities that make him a great leader and business owner?
- Strategies to increase topline revenue for franchisees
- Is grassroots marketing common in the restaurant industry, or is it unique to Jimmy John’s? What can other brands learn about grassroots marketing?
- How Jimmy John’s built a fantastic company culture that makes every team member proud of their brand
- Profit sharing structure and bonus program at Jimmy John’s
- Learn more about Erik’s franchisee mastermind here - www.franchisetribe.com
- Learn more about Erik’s franchisor mastermind here - www.franchisortribe.com
- Learn more about Erik’s passive investing mastermind here - www.tribeofinvestors.com
- Want to buy a franchise? Connect with Erik here - https://forms.gle/n4JedEuU5p7asE617
- Want to franchise your business? Connect with Erik here - https://forms.gle/n4JedEuU5p7asE617
Connect with Gregg Majewski:
Connect with Erik Van Horn:
Erik Van Horn is a franchising specialist, and expert in multi-unit, semi-absentee franchise business ownership. From entrepreneur to regional developer, and investor to consultant, Erik has worn many hats over the last two decades, which has provided him unique insight into complex aspects of the industry. If you're a franchisee, a franchisor, or one aspiring to be, subscribe to the Franchise Secrets channel and visit www.FranchiseSecrets.com for even more tactical and practical tools to help you buy, grow, and sell franchises like an expert.