CATEGORIES: Business, Franchising
CATEGORIES: Business, Franchising
Imagine you're 17 years old, living with your little brother in a tiny house with no heaters, the roof leaking and caving in, and cockroaches everywhere. The only job you can get is a minimum-wage job at a flag pole factory, so you and your brother lived on fast food and ramen noodles. What will you do to reset the standards of your life? Do you even think you have a chance at a good life?
When you're down on your luck, it's easier to go on a downhill trajectory than try to get up, but not Dave Allred. Growing up in a dysfunctional and impoverished family, he knew deep down that he had unlimited potential and the power to uplevel his life as long as he was willing to do whatever it would take.
Fast forward to today, he's living the life he'd only dreamed of with his beautiful family. He built a real estate fund, Axia Partners, and created the Allred Family Foundation. He has multiple investments. Yet, Dave still wakes up every day to remind himself, “Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can have what others can’t.”
In this episode, Dave shares his inspiring journey about creating a life of your design. Erik and Dave also discuss franchising, passive investing, real estate, tax advantage, and parenting. So stick around and be inspired by Dave's incredible adventures in life and business.
“The motto in our home is: Nothing is given. Everything is earned.” - Dave Allred
In This Episode:
- What pushed Dave to strive to change his life for the better?
- Valuable lessons Dave got from making door-to-door sales
- How Dave invested his money
- Why Dave allowed his 15-year-old daughter to buy a Tesla Model 3 (there's a huge lesson here)
- Does losing money on investments make you a bad investor?
- Dave talks about his investments in multiple brands as a franchisee and a franchisor
- What does Axia Partners do?
- Learn more about Erik’s franchisee mastermind here - www.franchisetribe.com
- Learn more about Erik’s franchisor mastermind here - www.franchisortribe.com
- Learn more about Erik’s passive investing mastermind here - www.tribeofinvestors.com
- Want to buy a franchise? Connect with Erik here - https://forms.gle/n4JedEuU5p7asE617
- Want to franchise your business? Connect with Erik here - https://forms.gle/n4JedEuU5p7asE617
- Podcast Episode with Tom Wheelwright on Tax-Effective Investing Strategies - https://franchisesecrets.com/podcast/too-many-entrepreneurs-are-missing-out-on-these-tax-effective-investing-strategies-%f0%9f%a4%af/
- Tiger 21 - https://tiger21.com/
- Top 21 Books That Helped Dave Allred Achieve Financial Freedom at 36 - https://www.businessinsider.com/best-real-estate-investing-financial-freedom-books-money-building-wealth-2023-3?_gl=1*11oowny*_ga*NTAxOTU2NDkwLjE2NzY0MDU1NDk.*_ga_E21CV80ZCZ*MTY3ODEzMTI3Ni44LjEuMTY3ODEzMTI4OS4wLjAuMA
Connect with Dave Allred:
- LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/jdaveallred/
- Facebook - https://web.facebook.com/dave.allred.7
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/daveallred/
Connect with Erik Van Horn:
Erik Van Horn is a franchising specialist, and expert in multi-unit, semi-absentee franchise business ownership. From entrepreneur to regional developer, and investor to consultant, Erik has worn many hats over the last two decades, which has provided him unique insight into complex aspects of the industry. If you're a franchisee, a franchisor, or one aspiring to be, subscribe to the Franchise Secrets channel and visit www.FranchiseSecrets.com for even more tactical and practical tools to help you buy, grow, and sell franchises like an expert.