Are you wondering how to navigate the complex world of franchising in these uncertain times? With the looming recession, bank collapses, and tighter government regulations, it's natural to feel concerned about your future. But there's good news.
In this week's episode of the Franchise Secrets Podcast, host Erik Van Horn chats with the "Franchise Economist" Darrell Johnson, CEO of FRANdata, a leading research and consulting firm specializing in analyzing the franchise industry. Together, they discuss the current state of the economy, banking, and how federal regulations impact franchising. They also explore how franchising can be resilient during financial uncertainty with the help of FRANdata.
Darrell has over 30 years of experience in the franchise industry and is a nationally recognized franchising authority. Under Darrell's leadership, FRANdata has evolved from a data/FDD database company to a world-class franchise-focused advisory firm. Through his work at FRANdata, Darrell has helped to promote transparency and accountability in the franchise industry, making it easier for entrepreneurs to make informed decisions about investing in a franchise.
During the podcast, Darrell provides valuable insights and tips for franchisees and franchisors on navigating complex issues that affect franchising and using reliable data to make informed decisions. So be sure to tune in to this enlightening and informative episode.
“The franchising business model is very resilient and very flexible. What it would require is that franchisors pay close attention to what the implications are of how the banking system is changing and to take actions on them.” - Darrell Johnson
In This Episode:
- What is FRANdata and how does it help those involved in the franchising industry make informed decisions?
- The Feds' unintended consequences impacting franchising
- Will franchising survive the financial crisis?
- How the bank credit report changed the game
- How VC, PE are going to value brands (forward earnings and cost of capital)
- What do MU owners really want in a new brand (it's not what your think)
- When should franchisors be in learning mode vs leader mode?
- What does good, better and best look like?
- Take a look at the IFA 2023 Franchising Economic Report - https://www.franchise.org/sites/default/files/2023-03/2023-Franchising-Economic-Report.pdf
- Learn more about Erik’s franchisee mastermind here - www.franchisetribe.com
- Learn more about Erik’s franchisor mastermind here - www.franchisortribe.com
- Learn more about Erik’s passive investing mastermind here - www.tribeofinvestors.com
- Want to buy a franchise? Connect with Erik here - https://forms.gle/n4JedEuU5p7asE617
- Want to franchise your business? Connect with Erik here - https://forms.gle/n4JedEuU5p7asE617
- The IFA 2023 Franchising Economic Report - https://www.franchise.org/sites/default/files/2023-03/2023-Franchising-Economic-Report.pdf
Connect with Darrell Johnson:
- Website - https://www.frandata.com/
- LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrell-johnson-cfe
Connect with Erik Van Horn:
Erik Van Horn is a franchising specialist, and expert in multi-unit, semi-absentee franchise business ownership. From entrepreneur to regional developer, and investor to consultant, Erik has worn many hats over the last two decades, which has provided him unique insight into complex aspects of the industry. If you're a franchisee, a franchisor, or one aspiring to be, subscribe to the Franchise Secrets channel and visit www.FranchiseSecrets.com for even more tactical and practical tools to help you buy, grow, and sell franchises like an expert.