CATEGORIES: Business, Franchising
CATEGORIES: Business, Franchising
Are you ready to tap into the wealth of knowledge and support that comes with being part of a franchise system? When you become a part of a franchise, you're not just opening a business. You're becoming a member of a close-knit community of experienced entrepreneurs.
In this tight-knit network, you can access a treasure trove of franchise advice and unwavering support. Plus, you unlock the keys to marketing and operational systems that can propel your local business to new heights.
Join Erik and his guest, Alex Klaus, as they explore the incredible benefits of franchise associations and advisory boards and how they can supercharge your franchise journey!
Alex was an analyst for small & micro-cap publicly traded companies, an investment fund manager, a Regional Developer with The Joint Chiropractic, and a multi-unit franchisee with Massage Envy. Today, Alex is a multi-unit, multi-state franchisee with a health & wellness brand and a professional coach since 2017.
Most recently, Alex embarked on a new role that is a rare rabbit hole in franchising. He co-founded an independent franchisee association and became the first President of the fast-growing Aligned Franchisee Association.
Get ready to discover the immense benefits of franchise associations and advisory boards. This is an episode you won't want to miss!
“If you become a little bit better in five different areas of your life, it becomes exponential over time.” - Alex Klaus
In This Episode:
- How Alex started in franchising and ended up doing what he's doing now
- When do franchisees need to start a franchise association? What's the difference between a group formed by franchisees vs. a group started by franchisors?
- What does a conversation look like with someone who wants to start a franchise association? Why would someone want to volunteer for that job?
- What is the benefit of having a franchise association?
- What are the steps to forming a franchise association? What are the documents required? When must you inform the franchisor that you have established a franchise association?
- How do you communicate that you have formed a franchise association? What kind of response has Alex experienced from franchisors?
- What are the benefits of having a Franchise Advisory Board for franchisors?
- What kind of people would you want to see running the franchise association and Franchise Advisory Board?
- What should be the priority of a franchise association after its formation?
- How franchise associations and councils empower both franchisors and franchisees and help them nurture a good relationship
- Valuable advice from Alex for people who want to dive into entrepreneurship and investing
- Learn more about Erik’s franchisee mastermind here - www.franchisetribe.com
- Learn more about Erik’s franchisor mastermind here - www.franchisortribe.com
- Learn more about Erik’s passive investing mastermind here - www.tribeofinvestors.com
- Want to buy a franchise? Connect with Erik here - https://forms.gle/n4JedEuU5p7asE617
- Want to franchise your business? Connect with Erik here - https://forms.gle/n4JedEuU5p7asE617
- Franchise Secrets FB Group - https://web.facebook.com/groups/franchisesecretsfb
- Front Street Equity Partners - https://www.FrontStreetEP.com/
- Franchise Secrets Episode With Tom Wheelwright: Too Many Entrepreneurs Are Missing Out On These Tax-Effective Investing Strategies! -
Connect with Alex Klaus:
Connect with Erik Van Horn:
Erik Van Horn is a franchising specialist, and expert in multi-unit, semi-absentee franchise business ownership. From entrepreneur to regional developer, and investor to consultant, Erik has worn many hats over the last two decades, which has provided him unique insight into complex aspects of the industry. If you're a franchisee, a franchisor, or one aspiring to be, subscribe to the Franchise Secrets channel and visit www.FranchiseSecrets.com for even more tactical and practical tools to help you buy, grow, and sell franchises like an expert.